These tips will ensure you impress potential buyers during showings.
Real estate showings give potential buyers the opportunity to see and experience your home in person. According to a recent study, 79% of buyers said taking a private tour was extremely important to their home-buying decision. Today, I’m sharing 10 tips to create a successful showing experience. These things should be done before your home is listed and before the first showing is scheduled:
1. Clean thoroughly. Have the carpets professionally cleaned and mop the hardwood floors or tiles. Vacuum and have the grout cleaned if needed, if it's tiled. Have the windows cleaned and polish your appliances. Make sure that the bathrooms are very clean.
2. Depersonalize and declutter. Rent storage space to store your personal belongings or use your garage to keep your things tidy. Remove all family photos, personal decor, religious items, and any animal heads or skins.
3. Rearrange your furniture as needed. Try removing some pieces to create more space in each room. Swap pieces from room to room to find the best layout for your home.
4. Don't forget the outside curb appeal. Ensure that your home's curb appeal is top-notch, as this creates the first impression for potential buyers. Vary your to-do list seasonally and address any issues promptly, such as fixing pavers, mowing the lawn, and planting flowers in the summer.
"Ensure that your home is in tip-top shape from the start and make the best impression."
5. Keep your storage spaces tidy. This includes your pantry, closets, and drawers. This shows that you take pride in your home.
6. Highlight the best features of your home. Identify what those features are. If you have hardwood floors and they're beautiful, you don't want to cover them with a lot of rugs.
7. Secure your belongings. Put away and lock up any expensive or important documents.
8. Have a plan for your pets and your kids. It's best to keep them away from potential buyers as it can be distracting.
9. Set your thermostat to a comfortable temperature. In the summertime, you want to have your AC going so it's nice and cool. In the wintertime, you want to have it warm, not too toasty, but a little bit warm.
10. Leave some refreshments out. Leaving refreshments like freshly baked cookies or water makes the house more inviting.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your home is in tip-top shape from the start and make the best impression on potential buyers. If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to call or email me, and I'll be happy to help you.